WNC Community Credit Union's Board of Directors adopted the following policy to meet regulations and protect all current and future member information as gathered by WNC Community Credit Union.
- Information We Collect
- Non-public information about members from the following sources:
- Information provided on applications such as names, addresses, social security numbers, dates of birth, assets, and income.
- Transactional information with WNC Community Credit Union, affiliated organizations, or other vendors such as account balances, payment history, debit card history, or other parties to transactions.
- Information reported to us by consumer reporting agencies regarding credit history, addresses, and social security numbers.
- Information We Disclose
- WNC Community Credit Union does not disclose non-public personal information about members or former members to affiliates or non-affiliated parties except as permitted by law. We limit access and usage of such information to the employees, officers, agents, and representatives necessary to provide requested products and services to our members.
- Security Measures in Place
- Non-public information is restricted to employees needing such information to provide requested services. Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards comply with federal and state requirements to guard your non-public personal information.
- Who Will Receive This Notice
- Current Members
New Members as they complete membership application forms
Non-members doing Loan Participation agreements
- Procedure For Delivery Of Notices
- Written documents
Delivered by Mail
Delivered with quarterly statements or newsletters
- Training of Employees
- Full staff via meetings
Employees responsible for mailings
Posted notices at each teller window
- Schedule for Mailings
- First Quarter of each year or at the discretion of WNC Community Credit Union
What Does WNC Community Credit Union Do with Your Personal Information?
- Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
- The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and credit history
- Mortgage rates and payments and overdraft history
- Payment history and transaction history
- All financial companies need to share member's personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their member's personal information, the reasons WNC Community Credit Union chooses to share, and whether you can limit this sharing.
- How does WNC Community Credit Union protect my personal information?
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- How does WNC Community Credit Union collect my personal information?
- We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or apply for a loan
- make a wire transfer or file an insurance claim
- provide employment information
- We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
- Why can't I limit all sharing?
- Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates everyday business purposes - information about your credit worthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing with non-affiliates to market to you
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. WNC Community Credit Union has no affiliates.
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Non-affiliates we share with can include government agencies, plastic card processors (credit/debit/ATM), consumer reporting agencies, data processors, and check/share draft printers.
- Joint Marketing
- A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. WNC Community Credit Union does not jointly market.
- USA Patriot Act
- If you are a potential or established credit union member wishing to open a new account, WNC Community Credit Union is required by federal regulations to ask for verifiable identification documents. These documents may be, but are not limited to a picture ID, drivers license, credit card, and social security card. The date of birth will be collected and verified. Until these documents are provided, the credit union will be unable to effect transactions.
WNC Community Credit Union appreciates your patience and hopes that you support our efforts to make American credit unions comply with new laws established by the United States government.